Thursday, October 15, 2015

Fall Beauty Favorites

*Long post warning*

Happy Friday Eve! I meant to post a lot sooner following my project semi-colon post - but my computer decided to change it's password without informing me, so I was without computer access until today. So Hooray! I was able to troubleshoot my computer on my own and fix it!

Fall is one of my favorite times of the year for beauty. In the past month I've happened across a few game changing products that I feel like the world needs to know about!

TLDR: One-NYX Gel Eyeliner, Two-Wet n'Wild Wild Shine in Yo Soy, Three-Bed Head After Party, Four-Estee Lauder Cream Lipstick Electric, Five-E.L.F lipstain Crimson Crush, Six-Wet n' Wild Matte Lipstick Cinnamon Spice, Seven-Aveeno BB Cream Fair/Light, Eight-CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion


ONE: NYX Gel Eyeliner-I have been on and off of gel liner for years. On one hand, it stays all day long, on the other hand, it's a pain in the ass to get off. NYX has changed the game. This liner starts as a nice creamy liner, and goes on super easy, and dries into this incredible line that won't budge. The best part? It comes off with normal face wash! It's $10, and performs better than the MAC gel liner in my opinion (I was all about MAC gel liner for years). I use this product with the E.L.F. Professionals angled liner brush. Together, they make me believe in the beauty of the 60's all over again.

TWO: Wet n' Wild in Yo Soy (nude)-I wanted to preface by saying I hated this color when I first wore it. I thought it looked seriously lame on my skin. However, I couldn't get over how sleek and feminine it looked. So I wore it again. Now I'm completely hooked on nude polish. This formula is cheap, so you for sure need 2 coats. Also about 15 minutes to let it dry before you use your top coat. (Which is less than 1 episode of Scrubs!)  But for $1 (and change), you really can't beat it.

THREE: Bed head After Party- My sister-in-law Kelsey had used this product on my hair when I decided fringe bangs were a good idea (they're hit and miss for me.). I saw a small bottle on sale at Target a few weeks ago, and snagged that bad boy right up! I am a curly/wavy girl and my hair is also very short at the moment-which means my hair has frizz and tons of body. I put this in my hair mid blowdry, and after I'm done styling, and it gives me a gorgeous sleek finish! I'm addicted!

LIPS: Lips get their own dedicated section, as I've found so many amazing lip products recently!

FOUR: Estee Lauder Lipstick Electric- I love moody fall lipsticks! I'm really into the deep berry colors right now, and this one looks fantastic on my skin tone. It has a slight shimmer to it, and is a creamy formula that has the ability to stay on for hours. It feels wonderful on my lips. WINNING.

FIVE: E.L.F Lipstain Crimson Crush-This fun little lip stain rings in at $2! I bought it as a pick me up after a crappy day, and it made me feel so much better. It's a deep delicious red that appears that it could go with just about any skintone. It takes a few minutes to completely dry, and still comes off a little bit. But it's $2. Soooo...no complaints.

SIX: Wet N Wild Megalast Cinnamon Spice- ERMERGERD. This is the most amazing color of red ever. It's an incredible matte formula that stays on for hours and hours! I'm pretty sure I got this for less than $2, and I think it stays and looks better than some of the high end expensive lipsticks I've used. The rich dark red is PERFECT for fall.

SEVEN: Aveeno BB Cream- I know, I know. I'm late to the BB cream game. I was skeptical that a tinted moisturizer could do so much, as I've always been a sunscreen and foundation kind of girl. All I can say is holy smokes! This stuff is amazing! It rings in a little more expensive than other BB creams ($15), but it gives my skin the softest feel, while providing sun protection, and makes my skin appear flawless! I only need to use a little foundation under my eyes and BAM! Perfect glowy skin.

EIGHT: Cera Ve Face Cream- My mom gave me some great skin care products that she's been using on her skin. Her skin has been looking absolutely amazing, so I was very excited to try them. She warned me they may be too harsh for my skin. I didn't want to listen. I've known I had sensitive skin, but I gave myself all of the zits and skin reactions after using 3 products with 3% A.H.A in them (alpha hydroxy acids).
After calling my mom in a complete panic, she suggested I find something gentle like Cera Ve to sooth my skin. Thanks Mom, you always know best.
This lotion has been a life saver for me. It leaves my skin so nice and moisturized, but it doesn't make me break out at all. Actually, it's been clearing up any little zits I have, and all the leftover skin irritation from my dabbles in A.H.A. I may use it every night for the rest of my life.


If you have any great products that you think I need to try, please let me know! Feel free to comment your favorite products below!




No comments:

Post a Comment