Thursday, January 7, 2016

Healthy Eating: Breakfast Smoothie 1.0

Happy New Year everyone! There's something so free and refreshing about starting the new year. I fell off the health bandwagon pretty hardcore over the holidays and literally gained 10 freaking pounds. WHAT! So a new year is bringing a new round of motivation to eat and feel healthy so I'm all in! I'll be using my blog as a place to stay motivated and accountable. If you have any suggestions or questions, please let me know!

My friend Chase got me totally addicted to Tropical Smoothie Cafe. They have lots of power green smoothies there but they run just over $5 a pop! Ouch! I am really enjoying the flavor and texture of smoothies, so I figured I would try to recreate my favorite smoothie from there- The Avocalada. And while my recipe isn't quite as creamy (they use a half a freakin' avocado!!) but it has way more protein (because you need that to start your morning.)

I intend on creating more smoothie recipes as I go along. This one works well for me right now. It has 2 servings of fruit, 2 servings of vegetables, 23 grams of protein, and a serving of healthy fats. I prep this a week at a time, it saves me so much time in the morning to just grab a baggie with my smoothie supplies right in it! I store mine in the freezer, which I would suggest, because it prevents you from needing ice.


SASSY SHUEY HEALTHY-COLADA

1 Cup (packed) - power greens (mix of spinach, kale, and chard)
1/2 medium banana
1/2 C pinapple chunks (I got a bag of frozen pineapple)
1/8 Avocado
1 scoop Vanilla Whey Protein

Optional:
Splash of coconut milk (will change calorie info)

Put all ingredients in blender with 1 cup water and 1 cup ice (add more if you like it runny like I do) and blend until smooth. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment