Monday, February 1, 2016

Healthy Eating: Shredded Buffalo Chicken

Measuring body fat is a nice dose of reality. Mostly it just sucks, because I'm a lot further off track than I anticipated, but it's not worth getting bent out of shape about it. I'm working on creating healthy recipes to eat throughout this journey so I don't feel like I'm missing out on yummy food.

I've had a serious addiction to all things buffalo flavored recently. Which is weird, because typically I hate anything spicy. This recipe is loaded with protein, low in fat and carbs, and is pretty tasty. This recipe is pretty high in sodium. Next time I will be an organic buffalo sauce that I found at Good Earth that has very little sodium, but it still very flavorful. 

I use organic chicken broth because I like the way it tastes, and it has significantly lower sodium than other varieties. I usually just buy whatever organic chicken broth is cheapest, but I find that my chicken is always much tastier when I use a broth to let it cook in. 
ENJOY!!

SASSY SHUEY SHREDDED BUFFALO CHICKEN
2 LBS chicken (or 4 breasts)
3 large organic carrots (They don't have to be organic. I just prefer the taste.)
2 large spears of organic celery (See above)
2 C organic chicken broth
1 C buffalo sauce (I used Frank's RedHot buffalo)
Put the chicken in the crockpot and cover with the cut up vegetables (i cut them into thirds)

Pour 2 cups of chicken broth over the top of the chicken and vegetables. Make sure the veggies and chicken are mostly submerged.

Cover and cook on high for 3 hours (Or low for 6-7)

Shred chicken


Add 1 C buffalo sauce, and mix until well combined






Enjoy! You just made the easiest buffalo chicken ever!!






No comments:

Post a Comment